Monday, January 12, 2009

Sleep in Seattle

We celebrated our 11th Anniversary and New Years 2009 in Seattle...
Or technically Olympia, WA. Mike and I went to Washington for a much overdue vacation. We went WITHOUT the kids!!! I'm sitting here trying to think how long it has been since I've been away from the kids - it may be since I've had kids. That makes 6 years. My dearest sister watched them for the week while we visited Mike's dad.


We drove to Mount Rainier, took a harbor cruise around Seattle, and mostly relaxed. Perfect vacation. And I went to bed at 9:30 pm New Years Eve - hence Sleep in Seattle.

Here's some pics:



*They don't make trees like this in TX!


Here is our romantic retreat. Now I'm going to have to put a fireplace in my dream house's master BR. Thanks Coree and Leslie!





And below is the view from our window...I think it is beautiful.





3 comments:

kjkabm said...

How fun for you!! Happy Anniversary! YOu so need to get away just the 2 of you more often. I know hard when you don't have family really close by. I get to go to Vegas tomorrow! Woo Hoo!! Have a great weekend!

Chandy said...

Belated Happy Anniversary! Washington is beautiful and those trees were awesome!

Time alone is never boring, that's for sure!

DMK RANCH said...

What a great trip.


Quick thoughts

So I'm finally up with the times and have my own blog. You'd think if someone was a "webmaster" that they might be current with a full family history...

Now I'm frantically searching my mind for all those clever things my kids did and all those life changing thoughts that would really help all who read my little blog. Nothing.

Just two quick stories about both kids. Maybe then I can feel at ease knowing that my children's lives are adequately documented.

Jake has always been interested in numbers. He loves to ask random people (fellow shoppers at Wal-Mart, those who happen to stop next to us at a red light, etc) what their address is. Finally Jake discovered his life calling when we went through the Wal-Greens drive thru to pick up a prescription. Jake decided he would like to be the teller asking people for their address to verify their getting the correct prescription. We are in the process of getting him a store job application right now.

Afton has profound moments when I realize just how fast she is growing up. This week she saw a little girl walking with just her mom. She pointed at the little girl and said "Ohhh, that little girl doesn't have a brother." Let's just hope she always appreciates that she has a big brother!