
We have had about 2 weeks of flu at our house - Jake first, Afton 7 days later, and I came down with it late last night. I'm sure you'll understand when I say I am too tired and achy to lay down any more.
Afton and Jake have had a few more luxuries than normal...sure you can have that rice crispy treat for breakfast...it does, after all, have cereal mixed in. For lunch I got up long enough to warm up macaroni and cheese and threw on a roll and half banana to make it look more like a healthy meal. After a few minutes of eating, Jake informed me that he "smushed" his banana into the middle of his roll and ate it that way.
I am still grinning because my sister and I used to pride ourselves in our invention of "Banana Sandwiches". She put butter on hers. Mine involved fork-squashed banana on a slice of bread. From sandwiches, my banana fixation migrated into almost daily banana shakes - you got it - milk mixed with 1 banana.
Good to know that the banana-creativity-gene is still flowing strong!
3 comments:
Yeah! The tradition continues! I made a peanut butter and banana sandwich for Sage last week. She approved!
I am sorry you are sick! Let me know if I can help out! btw, I love banana and peanut butter sandwiches. One of my comps on my mission made it for me and it was yummy! In fact I just might go make one - haven't had one in forever.
I agree, peanut butter needed!
Post a Comment