Future fireplace mantle
(requires a bit of vision but hopefully it will look more like the picture on the right when complete!
Purchased the old barn wood from the local "bone pile" for $70! We also purchased two glulam beams that we matching sized for our living room decorative beams. When we went to pick them up, one was gone! When we went to get a refund, we found 2 cedar beams that we exactly what we wanted and left happy!
Mike got more practice with the grade all. Shingles this time. We got some manual labor in hand stacking the shingles at dad's garage but once they got to the lot, we saved our backs a bit. 4 pallets worth of shingles, each packet weighing around 80 lbs. Shew!
I don't know what this is called but I love how the step out on the roof line looks. Some of the fancy airport barns/houses have this and I thought it added a nice detail. The front of the house will do the same except with corbels at the top and sides (hoping to design and build those myself with 4x4 beams)
Roof slowly getting closed in
We have deep holes and piers - future front porch.
There also appear to be squirrels in the rafters.
First front truss going up over the garage.
Mike and I tried our hand at some rough framing. We needed to build out the basement walls in the gym, craft room, and game room around where the concrete extended. We only messed up once :)












No comments:
Post a Comment