Haven't posted in a while since it's been our busy birthday/Christmas/anniversary season (seriously everything)! After the holiday, we snuck off to St. George to give ourselves a much needed mental break. This week's focus was building new frames for our bathroom mirrors. Bought the mirrors used and pretty cheap. My first attempt at 45 degree cuts AND using a biscuit joiner so I think they turned out pretty good. Still waiting for the mirrors to dry so final pictures later.
Fireplace goals:
Planning on Country Ledgestone Echo Ridge color (Country Ledgestone | Cultured Stone) and wood TBD. Installing a wood hidden recessed door for the tv power and hdmi cords possibly like below:
Mantle location but still need to figure out if I can use my big, heavy old beam. Needs trimming and lots of work but will look amazing if it works out.
I accomplished quite a bit on our dog fence and just need to decide on a gate style for the last portion as I do need to walk up and down with lots of wood and like the wider gate option. Thinking a double gate with a nice big wheel on each side. Problem is we need more dirt before that can happen!
I also created my address sign since I'm tired of seeing the green construction address. I plan to do a greenish turquoise inlay in the wood knots and then a solar downcast light above so it is easy to see at night! I may have been a little excited for this project. My pinterest feed had a few too many address ideas :)
And I sent out a late Christmas card and just called it our New Year's card...it was my first time not sending a Christmas card on time but, hey, we build a house...
Final projects to get done:
Fireplace rock AND wood
Stair railings
Window Trim
Close this construction loan!








No comments:
Post a Comment