Thursday, April 24, 2008

Summer Fun

So many new things going on and Summer hasn't even started! I planted my first flower garden. Our San Marcos home had too much land to even attempt an entire perfect lawn. Now that I have a manageable backyard (after getting rid of all the Wisteria vines that had taken over the trees, fence, etc), I planted my first flower garden to replace the previous fish pond. I'm so proud!
Another event added to our schedule that should have happened a long time ago: gymnastics. We signed up for open gym to get used to it and then on to actual classes as soon as Afton turns 3! Get ready gymnastics - HERE COMES AFTON!
Jake made me proud as well - he managed to run full-speed, jump on the spring board, and make flying leeps to the uneven bars. The distance isn't quite measurable from the picture angle, but let's just say I don't know if I would have done it. These kids are sure growing up!
Which leads directly into KINDERGARTEN ROUND UP!!! Jake gets to go see his new school and meet his teachers this evening. I'm excited...hopefully he will still be excited about school after tonight. Maybe we'll have to visit the playground as well.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I love your garden! You have every right to be proud of it. I refuse to do my backyard garden until Bailey is gone. I don't want her digging it up. How did the Roundup go?

Rulon and Lori said...

The flower garden looks really nice. Your yard looks great. Did Jake have fun at kindergarten round-up?

Allison said...

Kindergarten round-up?? That is so crazy! I can't believe he'll really be in school...I'll be saying that in another year as Ash enters too. The flowers do look awesome. So glad they're enjoying Open Gym - it's worth every penny!

shahna said...

Gymnastics! how fun! Glad I ran into you at conference so I could find your blog. Take care.

The Fowers said...

Afton is not just a gymnast, she is a super-genius, child prodigee olympic athlete in the making! Nice flowers. Where did you get those sunpatients?


Quick thoughts

So I'm finally up with the times and have my own blog. You'd think if someone was a "webmaster" that they might be current with a full family history...

Now I'm frantically searching my mind for all those clever things my kids did and all those life changing thoughts that would really help all who read my little blog. Nothing.

Just two quick stories about both kids. Maybe then I can feel at ease knowing that my children's lives are adequately documented.

Jake has always been interested in numbers. He loves to ask random people (fellow shoppers at Wal-Mart, those who happen to stop next to us at a red light, etc) what their address is. Finally Jake discovered his life calling when we went through the Wal-Greens drive thru to pick up a prescription. Jake decided he would like to be the teller asking people for their address to verify their getting the correct prescription. We are in the process of getting him a store job application right now.

Afton has profound moments when I realize just how fast she is growing up. This week she saw a little girl walking with just her mom. She pointed at the little girl and said "Ohhh, that little girl doesn't have a brother." Let's just hope she always appreciates that she has a big brother!