
I think I have finally recovered from the half marathon. My muscles weren't even sore, it was my knees that made me feel old! I guess I'll stick to my yearly triathlon and be happy. Atleast I got some great pictures since it may never happen again.
And a fun story about Afton that perfectly describes her personality. I've been working with Afton to teach her letter recognition for atleast half a year or more. Jake basically taught himself. Afton is making up for that. Part of me thinks she is pretending to not know them.
In the last few months I have managed to teach Afton how to write two letters of her name: A and O (her two favorite letters). I dropped her off for 2 hours at a friend's home while I went to a meeting. I pick her up and she shows me how she is able to write her whole name!
Another example... last week we went to the video store. In order to check out they ask for your phone number. Afton shoots off all 10 digits of our phone number. The video guy is impressed! So am I.
Video Guy: "You are so smart! *How old are you?"
(*once again one of those things I've been working on with her)
Afton: "I don't know"
(in her best valley girl accent)
If she can memorize 10 digits, why is 1 so hard??? I love this little girl!
2 comments:
I love that picture! Glad you're recovered.
I'm working on letters with Kaylee too - and it's also going slower than it did with Ash.
She is so funny! And congrats again and I am glad you are all recovered!
Post a Comment