Wednesday, October 14, 2009

State Fair Animals

Animals at the State Fair:



Let me start by explaining about our last trip to the state fair. It was about 4 years ago. Jake screamed....alot. We had had it and were ready to leave. Imagine us putting Jake in his car seat. He is screaming. We are trying to buckle him while he is resisting. Jake is hysterical. Each time we get him buckled he reaches down and unbuckles it. Soon the easy going, ever-so-patient parents lose it. I think what finally worked was wedging one flipflop and several other car items over the buckle so he could no longer unbuckle it. I haven't wanted to go to the fair since.


This time - the trip was actually FUN!
The ostrich that swallowed a dixie cup...


Jake's favorite part was the Ford's fully interactive robot. He did a show every hour. The robot talked with people from the audience including Jake (Spiderman hat- up front and center). Jake told him about his PEZ dispenser. The robot asked him where is mom was. I cautiously raise my hand, not sure I want to stand out or talk to a robot. He asked me if he could call me 'Mom' and said he had never had a mom before.

Mike got to try a fried PBJ & B - Peanut Butter, Jelly, and Banana. I got a turkey leg. Kids got Corny dogs. No screaming. Life is good.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I'm glad you had a good time. The fair is one of my favorite places to go.


Quick thoughts

So I'm finally up with the times and have my own blog. You'd think if someone was a "webmaster" that they might be current with a full family history...

Now I'm frantically searching my mind for all those clever things my kids did and all those life changing thoughts that would really help all who read my little blog. Nothing.

Just two quick stories about both kids. Maybe then I can feel at ease knowing that my children's lives are adequately documented.

Jake has always been interested in numbers. He loves to ask random people (fellow shoppers at Wal-Mart, those who happen to stop next to us at a red light, etc) what their address is. Finally Jake discovered his life calling when we went through the Wal-Greens drive thru to pick up a prescription. Jake decided he would like to be the teller asking people for their address to verify their getting the correct prescription. We are in the process of getting him a store job application right now.

Afton has profound moments when I realize just how fast she is growing up. This week she saw a little girl walking with just her mom. She pointed at the little girl and said "Ohhh, that little girl doesn't have a brother." Let's just hope she always appreciates that she has a big brother!