Saturday, October 31, 2009

Trick or Treat!

Halloween 2009 - Harry Potter and Princess Belle from Beauty and the Beast
I have finally reached a landmark age: I turned around at our church party and realized Jake had scavanged up his own food. Yeah for independence! Several times throughout the party I didn't even recognize Jake since he looked so mature.And the trick of the week - I turned around to find this lovely view of the fireplace. Afton has been really excited about practicing her letters. Unfortunately my fireplace suffered. After trying graffitti remover, clorox magic eraser, and hours of scrubbing...I learned that brick and dry erase markers are very permanent. Final solution for those interested: Dremel sander.





3 comments:

Allison said...

Wow, that IS a great moment when the kids can dish themselves up! Nice! Yesterday at our ward party one of the other moms tried to help Kaylee dish up and she told her, "My mom said I can only eat chips." Nice.

Also, dry erase markers are BRUTAL. Kaylee went to town with one when we first moved here - couch, curtains, clothes, and it does not come out! Sorry about the fireplace!

Bobvila said...

Ohhhh! The fireplace looks lovely! At least she got some good practice in! Made me laugh anyhow...

Unknown said...

What cuties. Sorry about the fireplace!


Quick thoughts

So I'm finally up with the times and have my own blog. You'd think if someone was a "webmaster" that they might be current with a full family history...

Now I'm frantically searching my mind for all those clever things my kids did and all those life changing thoughts that would really help all who read my little blog. Nothing.

Just two quick stories about both kids. Maybe then I can feel at ease knowing that my children's lives are adequately documented.

Jake has always been interested in numbers. He loves to ask random people (fellow shoppers at Wal-Mart, those who happen to stop next to us at a red light, etc) what their address is. Finally Jake discovered his life calling when we went through the Wal-Greens drive thru to pick up a prescription. Jake decided he would like to be the teller asking people for their address to verify their getting the correct prescription. We are in the process of getting him a store job application right now.

Afton has profound moments when I realize just how fast she is growing up. This week she saw a little girl walking with just her mom. She pointed at the little girl and said "Ohhh, that little girl doesn't have a brother." Let's just hope she always appreciates that she has a big brother!