Busy, busy. Found a siding guy and possibly completely switching from cedar siding to lp siding for less maintenance over the years.
Dry wall arrived and since I had to be out of their way, I got the exterior doors painted, corbels built, and beams stained! Kitchen cabinets arrived and got started on building those and clear coat on the walnut cabinet faces. And all during trying to enjoy the 4th of July with a white water rafting trip and fireworks and family - a nice break from all the house building focus!
Dry wall was fairly stressful because we spent the entire time trying to add missing boards and attempting to straighten things. The day before, we had friends come by that helped me realize that it would be easier to install the bathroom vents before the drywall was installed! Also we quickly tried to add some insulation between rooms that wasn’t added by the insulation guys (noise barriers!). We also found out that the stairs weren’t built correctly to allow for skirting or for wood stairs so we got to stay up late a few nights in a row to take apart the stairs, adding a 2x6, trim each tread, and put it all back together! Look at all we are learning!!!
All the cabinet doors ready to stain and cabinets ready to assemble
Before and After lacquer
Cool "cake decorating style" pedestal for painting...and I thought I was going to have to do this with a brush! Thank goodness because it still took a full day and a half and Jake and I both went home completely exhausted.
Stairs reassembled
Exterior door painting - I may have jumped the gun on these but in Wyoming, there is a small window of time when the temperature is warm enough to paint...and I didn't want to get stuck with white doors that stick out like a sore thumb all winter!
Beautiful corbels that Sheryl helped me assemble!
Still need to decide the color once we figure out our house color for sure.
















No comments:
Post a Comment