BIG DECISIONS, Soffits, and more drywall
We had to decide the color of the house, what material, and whether to use shake shingles or not. I've always loved green houses. Very mountainy. When we moved here, I had my eye on a green house that I loved. BUT, green can also look very close to poop if you pick the wrong green. After weeks, and after sitting down below and staring up, I decided I didn't want to stand out and we should put Cedar up and stain it. Sure its more maintenance, but it would be great. Then just a week ago, our neighbor mentioned that he had just had his cedar re-stained and it cost him $5000! And he has to do it every 3-5 years! I'd love to not have to do that. And because our house is so steep on the back side, we are having problems finding someone to do it the first time! Long story short, I think we are going with forest green LP siding that comes with a 30 year warranty, LP Smart Shakes that come with a 20 year warranty, and rock on the front. Here's hoping we msde a good choice because we are stuck with it for a few good years.Aluminum soffits and Pine (pre-stained)
Busy week with a super all-day girls camp. Had fun but still recovering. Soffits are going in a beautiful. We decided to put pine in the soffits under both porches to let it pop. This means more staining. Specifically, pre-conditioner, English Chestnut stain, followed by polyureathane top coat. It's quite the tedious process but I'm 100% sure it would be worse on a ladder doing it upside down later! Only 85 -16 ft boards :)
Meanwhile the drywallers are still going at it. Trying to stay out of their way while they stay out of ours is tough. Plus, we are constantly needed to add missing backer boards. It seems like when they are here, we are never getting what we are hoping to get to done.





No comments:
Post a Comment