Siding and deck railing
Siding guys have started. They rented a man lift for three sides and a 120 ft lift for the back top. Then scaffolding on the back side. The night the scaffolding went up, I woke up dreaming of hearing glass shattering. I dreamt the crew accidently broke my beautiful bathroom window. The shattering glass was so real sounding that I couldn't fall back asleep for a few hours as I debated whether I should tell them to be extra careful around the windows or not. The younger two siding guys have been a sloppy with certain things like accidently dripping paint the entire length of the driveway??? Glad the siding is atleast all painted (yes, we got all 205 boards and 205 battens painted) and going up.I was so excited to finally get these corbels up that I had made a few months ago with Sheryl. I let the siding guys know that I wanted them under the soffits about where the roof line comes out wider but to show me when they got to it so I could verify the spot was perfect. When I walked out, both side corbels were literally floating in the middle of the peak. I had to really try hard not to burst out laughing! I wondered why he asked if I planned to hang something like Christmas lights from them...
We quickly remedied the problem but I had to sneak a picture before he moved them.

The rush to beat the snow and get the deck railing has begun. Bobby Long helped me get started with scribing the posts since the deck beam wasn't the straightest. It's coming along, then again...so is the snow!
Last Sunday was quite exciting with a large puddle of water Afton found in the basement. Turns out the plug to the sump pit was plugged in but the outlet didn't have power. After remedying that, two days later and we realized the other problem was with the water softener and the discharge hose spraying everywhere. I'd set the recharge time for 2 am so in the wee hours of the morning, I hear Mike shouting..."Shari, come help!" I walk out to see Mike holding the water softener hose and aiming at the drain as he explained he'd been holding it for a few minutes and really needed to go to the restroom. I resume position and realized that the water shoots out that tiny tube! No wonder the water was everywhere last time. About 3 minutes of holding a hose of gushing water and standing in a puddle of water and I had to use the restroom too! We still need to get the little discharge hose fixed before we get another rude awakening!
Spent a few hours getting our interior door trim just perfectly. With the help on the cabinet guy, we were able to get alder and distress it with a wood shaver. A couple of stain attempts and I think it looks pretty good.

The rush to beat the snow and get the deck railing has begun. Bobby Long helped me get started with scribing the posts since the deck beam wasn't the straightest. It's coming along, then again...so is the snow!
Last Sunday was quite exciting with a large puddle of water Afton found in the basement. Turns out the plug to the sump pit was plugged in but the outlet didn't have power. After remedying that, two days later and we realized the other problem was with the water softener and the discharge hose spraying everywhere. I'd set the recharge time for 2 am so in the wee hours of the morning, I hear Mike shouting..."Shari, come help!" I walk out to see Mike holding the water softener hose and aiming at the drain as he explained he'd been holding it for a few minutes and really needed to go to the restroom. I resume position and realized that the water shoots out that tiny tube! No wonder the water was everywhere last time. About 3 minutes of holding a hose of gushing water and standing in a puddle of water and I had to use the restroom too! We still need to get the little discharge hose fixed before we get another rude awakening!
Last story is installing my dining room chandelier. I bought it at restore in Jackson, a used home good store. Upon installation, I realized it was missing the canopy and a few other parts. I picked up a canopy at Lowes and tried to install. I then used parts from 2 other light fixtures and spray painted them black. Atleast 3 hours, spread across 3 days because my arms got too tired and I was frustrated, I finally got the darn thing hung. Now I just need to find the really cool Einstein bulbs that came with it and make it look a bit more modern...they are in the basement somewhere!
And Mike finished the wood stairs! After our flooring guy decided the stairs were too much work Mike was able to finish them out. Picture coming soon! Although now that the stairs are done, I realize that we now have to sand and stain and clear coat...sigh.









No comments:
Post a Comment