Sunday, August 16, 2020

Home Building XXIV - Painting, lights, and flooring

 Painting and more painting!  Spent some long hours with the rented paint sprayer to get our money's worth: 3+ hours Friday evening, most of the day on Saturday (with a much needed power nap in the middle), and final touches Sunday to get everything primed and ceilings painted.  Starting the final wall colors (Sherwin Williams Dhurie Beige).  More lights going up including successfully completing most of our 3 way and one 4 way light switch, got our water heaters and water softener installed, and brought all the flooring in to climatize (also required a few breaks). My goal this week was to get as much done with the scaffolding our drywallers left behind while they wait for results from Covid!

Painting fun.  Yes, it is completely safe.

Post painting selfie because that paint gets everywhere, nose hairs included.

Dad helping drill the painful holes which result in drywall flinging at you, followed by wads of insulation.  We only had to drill 30 of these.  Next time I may opt for ceiling box lights instead but they do look nice.

Sample diagram for wiring 4 ways that make my head hurt.

4 way light switch craziness.  Not going to lie - took a couple hours and really hurt my brain.  But it works!  I'm going to wait a day or two before shoving it into the box because it may not still work once I get it back in!

Flooring moving day. You can see our lovely paint color on the walls.


Fan installation #1 of 5

  Drain picture is so I can later remember where we put the electrical and sprinkler connector that we buried to possibly use in the future and buried under our concrete!



No comments:


Quick thoughts

So I'm finally up with the times and have my own blog. You'd think if someone was a "webmaster" that they might be current with a full family history...

Now I'm frantically searching my mind for all those clever things my kids did and all those life changing thoughts that would really help all who read my little blog. Nothing.

Just two quick stories about both kids. Maybe then I can feel at ease knowing that my children's lives are adequately documented.

Jake has always been interested in numbers. He loves to ask random people (fellow shoppers at Wal-Mart, those who happen to stop next to us at a red light, etc) what their address is. Finally Jake discovered his life calling when we went through the Wal-Greens drive thru to pick up a prescription. Jake decided he would like to be the teller asking people for their address to verify their getting the correct prescription. We are in the process of getting him a store job application right now.

Afton has profound moments when I realize just how fast she is growing up. This week she saw a little girl walking with just her mom. She pointed at the little girl and said "Ohhh, that little girl doesn't have a brother." Let's just hope she always appreciates that she has a big brother!